As a community solution, to provide residents with practical, aged or disability and crisis transport and also to decrease the requisite for exclusive vehicles in the area, thus decreasing traffic and minimising additional damage of area roads.
How it functions
- Volunteers give their time for a 24-hour responsibility period, so it's perhaps not a taxi service.
- The car keeps at the most 4 guests – shopping, light goods, luggage must be held in back utility.
- Animals might only be held when you look at the back energy.
- Firmly packaged garbage might only be carried within the rear utility.
- During damp weather the service might suspended due to roadway problems.
- $12 per travel paid at period of use
- $ 7 per travel concession upon application and endorsement
- Cheques aren't accepted no credit is present – please, no $50 notes!
Regular service hours come from 9 am to 7 pm, seven days per week.
- Advance notice of bookings is necessary and must be a minimum of half an hour.
‘Shoulder period’ solution hours come from 8 am to 9 am and 7 pm to 10 pm, seven days per week
- Bookings between 8 am and 9 am should be required the prior day by 7 pm.
- Bookings between 7 pm and 10 pm should be required by 5 pm as they are subject to driver accessibility.
- A set cost of $20 – no concessions – applies for many trips made between 9 pm and 10 pm.
- No bookings will undoubtedly be taken after 7 pm.
Examine access before shopping as automobile might off service for some reason.
Please donate to the efficiency of this service by using the reservation processes.
24-hour crisis transport is cost-free to residents and/or emergency workers.
Invalid/ disabled & old service
- Service is offered at $7 to residents with existing impairment card and over 75 years old.
- Application form must be finished and submitted with proof of concession (available from driver).
- Wheelchairs can be transported within the back energy compartment.
Transportation of goods
The vehicle does not carry furnishings, whitegoods, building materials, etc. unless small in size and amount. The motorist is not needed to carry hefty products and reserves the right to will not carry such items and materials that will recommend one to an island commercial company.